2014 Suzanne Judge. Powered by Blogger.

YMCA!

>> Tuesday, September 23, 2008

So I'm joining the Y. I will soon be a member of that group of people who flocks to their local YMCA to get their daily dose of exercise. I've been contemplating it for a couple of weeks now, and finally went in the other day to have a look around and see what they have to offer. It's actually a pretty good deal - for a pretty minimal payment each month you have tons of equipment, an indoor track, 2 pools, and unlimited classes available to you. The best part though is that there is no contract and you can pay monthly! As I am hugely adverse to gym contracts, this is a huge draw for me. It also happens to be located right across the street from my work, so it really doesn't get any more convenient than that.


There's a couple of reasons that I'm joining up (exercising = toned muscles, more energy, better sleep), but the two main ones are:

1) I'm going to be outside doing a lot of physical work while in Uganda and I want to be ready and have the strength for it


2) Next summer I will be fulfilling a goal of mine by competing in a triathlon! I hope to complete two actually - probably the Subaru Series Sprint triathlon in Muskoka in June and then one of their full triathlons in August in Orillia.


I love that I can do all the training I want and need at the Y to get me ready for next Spring/Summer! I'll be starting at the end of this week so stay tuned for some training updates over the next several months.

2 comments:

Kim September 25, 2008 at 3:20 PM  

Good luck training for the triathlon! The ones that I did were part of the Subaru Series as well, the long one was actually the one you're thinking of, in Orillia in August. I'm trying to decide if I want next year's goal to be another 1/2 marathon, or another triathlon.

Unknown September 27, 2008 at 1:13 AM  

Thanks Kim - I'll probably be bugging you a lot for training tips!

  © Blogger templates Sunset by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP