2014 Suzanne Judge. Powered by Blogger.

Makes 'ya think . . .

>> Monday, September 29, 2008

My hubby and I had a date night tonight (which was fabulous as it's a rare occurence that we both get a night off together) and decided to go see the movie "Eagle Eye". It gets two thumbs up from me - not only for being just a great action movie and it makes for a fun night at the movies, but it really got me thinking about privacy and the government's right to gather information and how they go about gathering that information. In today's day and age, everything is automated and everyone and their mother has a cell phone, email account, uses online banking and is probably on facebook or has a blog or two. Everything is out there and information is so accessible. Technology advances so quickly that if you have the same computer or cell phone for two years, it's considered "old" and in need of an "upgrade". It makes me wonder what things will be like in five to ten years, or if "Big Brother" is already watching every move and listening to every cell phone conversation. Hmm . . .

1 comments:

Kim October 2, 2008 at 6:38 PM  

Good to hear that about Eagle Eye, the trailers looked good as well. There was another movie recently that dealt with the same topic, but for the life of me I can't remember what it was called. I remember that it scared me as well to think of how much of our lives can be screwed with, just because we're all "on the grid" now.

  © Blogger templates Sunset by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP